Call Today! 760-224-3040
Professional Bee Removal | Contact

Posts Tagged ‘bee stings’

Why Do Bees Sting?

bee stings

If you’ve been reading the D-Tek Live Bee Removal bee blog for a while, you already know that honeybees are vital to pollination. While not the only pollinators out there, bees are one of the biggest contributors to helping our plants and flowers reproduce year after year.  Aside from their pollination and honey-making abilities, honeybees…

Read More

How to Treat (and Avoid) Bee Stings

bee sting

Honeybees are small but mighty creatures. Their stings can be more than unpleasant; they can be downright painful. For those who are allergic to bee venom, bee stings can be life-threatening. That’s why we think it’s better to know how to deal with a bee sting, before one even occurs.  In this article, we are…

Read More

3 Reasons Not to Ignore Bee Infestations

honey bee infestation

If you live in San Diego, you’ve probably had a few run-ins with honey bees. Bee stings are painful and can even be deadly for some people. But stings are not the only reason that bee infestations on your property should be taken seriously. When your San Diego home is suffering from an infestation of…

Read More

How to Keep Kids Safe from Bee Stings

The summer means spending time outdoors for many families. Picnics, barbeques and baseball games are some of the highlights of the season. While there is a lot of fun to be had for kids, there are also some increased risks of getting an injury. Perhaps one of the most common types of injuries that children experience in the summer is bee stings. Bee and wasp stings aren’t fun for people of any age. But for children, a sting can be extra unpleasant. Kids can be shocked at how painful a sting from a little bee can actually be! Parents need to be extra vigilant if their child is allergic to bee stings because of the danger of very serious health issues. When Your Child Gets Stung by a Bee Children won’t always know how serious a bee sting can be, especially if they’ve never been stung before. Adults should help children to understand how to be safe around bees and what to do if they happen to get stung. Educating children before an incident occurs is the best way to keep them safe and happy this summer. Here are some common questions kids may have about bee stings as well as tips for how to best handle them when they happen. How do I know if I have a bee sting? There are a few tell-tale signs that you have been the victim of a bee or wasp sting. Usually the area stung will get hot and develop a red bump. It may also begin to itch. If you notice any of these symptoms, you should take it seriously. An allergic reaction to a bee sting can have dangerous consequences. How will I know if I’m allergic to bees? Typical allergic reactions to bee stings include: Hives Nausea Difficulty breathing Dizziness Do all bees sting? Male bees do not have stingers so they cannot sting you. If you’ve been stung by a honey bee, then you have been stung by a female bee. Their stingers have unique barbed hooks that anchor the stinger in the skin after a sting. The stinger will get stuck in the skin as the bee flies away. Because of this, honey bees can only sting you once! Other bees and wasps may be able to sting more than once because their stingers do not have this barbed feature. What should I do if I get a bee sting? The first thing a child should do if they have been stung by a bee is tell an adult. For a child that is not having an allergic reaction, the sting can be taken care of at home. If you think a reaction is occurring or if the swelling increases, contact the doctor or seek medical attention right away. EpiPens are a common emergency treatment for those who are allergic to bee stings. Honey bees will leave their stingers in the skin. The first thing to do is to carefully remove the stinger and wash the area with gentle soap and water. Reduce pain and swelling by applying ice directly to the sting. Administer a pain reliever or antihistamine if the pain or swelling is severe. Apply a baking soda and water mixture to the sting to reduce itchiness. How can I avoid bee stings? For the most part, bees don’t mean us any harm. They just want to go about their day buzzing from flower to flower. Bees will usually leave you alone unless they are disturbed. The best thing to do is leave bees and wasps alone. If you have a large swarm or hive on your property, you should contact a professional live be removal company to safely remove the bees from the premises. Never attempt to remove the bees on your own – that’s the easiest way to get stung! Avoid sweet smelling lotions or perfumes. Don’t wear bright or floral clothing. Cover food and soda cans. Wear shoes in grassy areas. San Diego Live Bee Removal – D-Tek Live Bee Removal No one wants to get stung by a bee or wasp. If you notice that you have a hive on your property, make the call to D-Tek Live Bee Removal right away. Bee hives can cause property damage to your home and the potential for nasty bee stings. And when you have children and pets to protect, you need to ensure that the bees are handled by professionals. For all of your live bee removal, bee removal repair or bee proofing needs in San Diego and San Diego county, contact the team at D-Tek Live Bee Removal for your free quote today.

Summer means spending time outdoors for many families. Picnics, barbeques and baseball games are some of the highlights of the season. While there is a lot of fun to be had for kids, there are also some increased risks of getting an injury. Perhaps one of the most common types of injuries that children experience…

Read More

How To Treat a Bee Sting

how to treat bee stings dtek live bee removal

Let’s face it. A bee sting is never going to be the highlight of your day. For some, it’s just a painful nuisance. But for others who are allergic to bee stings, it can be much more than a nuisance–it can be life-threatening. The good news is that treating a bee sting can be as…

Read More